According to Ofcom half of all search engine using adults do not recognise ads.
In the survey, 1,328 respondents had to select the results they thought were ‘paid for’. 60% identified them as paid #links, while 49% identified them only as paid ads
Ofcom split the results between newer and more established internet users and found that newer users were less likely to identify that the results with the yellow ad label were indeed paid results.
One of the advantages of AdWords advertising is it allows you to target your advertisements to anyone, anywhere in the world. By tweaking your campaign you can choose to have your #Google Ads seen by a whole continent, a specific region, or an area of just a few streets wide. With AdWords, you can run your entire campaign – targeting people from anywhere in the world – from your own home.
The benefits of Google Advertising outweigh the costs involved. By determining how people use Google Google Advertising takes the hard work away from advertisers, making advertising simple and effective.
- With Google advertising there is no minimum spend.
- It is easy to create campaigns and you can see the results instantly.
- You can get your Google Ads up online quickly if any new developments occur.
- You only pay for clicks on your Google Ads, not for them to appear on Google’s search results pages.
- You can set a daily budget.
- And you can stop or pause any campaign when required.